Health Quality Ontario is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting personal information. The handling of personal information by Health Quality Ontario is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
External links disclaimer
What kind of information is collected when you visit our website?
When you browse or download information from our site, our servers automatically collect limited amounts of standard information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. The information is analyzed in aggregate by our communications staff to identify operational trends, performance issues and ways to improve our site. Standard information captured could include:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the computers being used to access our sites;
- the operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access our sites;
- the Internet Service Providers used by visitors to our sites;
- the dates and times users access our sites;
- the pages visited;
- the key words users enter into our search engine; and
- the names and sizes of files requested.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information in an email we use that information to:
- Acknowledge and respond to your message
- Send information you have requested
- Address your inquiry, complaint or concern
We treat emails the same way we treat letters sent to Health Quality Ontario and will not send unsolicited messages. When you subscribe for Health Quality Ontario e-updates, we will use the information you provide to deliver it. To unsubscribe, please contact us at info@HQOntario.ca or 416-323-6868 or 1-866-623-6868.